Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

RGB

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2005-2006 » Archive through 01 September, 2005 » RGB « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul_goodson
Frequent Contributor
Username: Paul_goodson

Post Number: 64

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, 21 August, 2005 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi all
After going to Blackpool and buying a souvenir consisting of a clear resin block with a pitcher of Blackpool tower inside that stands on a base with 3 separate diodes (RGB) and changers colour from blue green then red using only two of three diodes at a time.
One led brightens to its brightest point then dims while another colour starts to brighten.
This only gives three colours that overlap, but the effect is very good

This has given me some motivation to go back onto programming a RGB full colour chip that I brought last year
Maplin (M63AX) £3.99 a great chip to play around with.

I am trying to Wight a program to control a RGB full colour chip to replace the one above to give it more colours and different effects, as a learning curve

Despite having results with holding say one colour on and brightening up another colour
And mixing colours together I have managed to get some really nice colours.

But what I would really like to do is take it through its entire colour spectrum in turn?
And be able to make some sort of a log for obtain a set colour for programming in the future?

The first part I am well on the way with but it is taking me a long time

Any help welcome
Paul

John_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: John_becker

Post Number: 49

Posted on Monday, 22 August, 2005 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi Paul, Consider using PWM control - as I do in my Ambilux, scheduled for later this year. Email me at HQ if you want a copy of my code to study. I'm using separate colour leds but the principle could be adapted.

John

Paul_goodson
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 66

Posted on Monday, 22 August, 2005 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi john

I have used a pwm program that I made larst year to dim my bells

(Well my first attempt at one)

By making a time on file and a time off file and then inc. one and decreasing the other one, with a loop file so that I have the option to show each change a set amount of times it works ok

But I need one that can use different PWM on different outputs at the same time

I would be very grateful to have a copy of your program, to get a better idea

well after all (u was my teacher)
have sent you a email

Many thanks

Paul

Dave_squibb
Just joined
Username: Dave_squibb

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, 24 August, 2005 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Paul,
This may also be useful.

http://www.dattalo.com/technical/software/pic/pwm8.asm

Terrym
Regular Contributor
Username: Terrym

Post Number: 26

Posted on Thursday, 25 August, 2005 - 02:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I did a little demo unit some time ago that could independently change (with buttons)the pwm rate of RGB Led's in an 8pin package. The code is posted below. I stress that I did not write this but found it on the net some time ago and it does not have the authors name attached. Hope it's of some use.
TM
application/x-zip-compressedPWM LED ZIP
RGB Led.zip (8.0 k)

Paul_goodson
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 72

Posted on Saturday, 27 August, 2005 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Thank you all

Some interesting stuff.

A very special thanks to John, for sending me the Ambilux ASM file, this was unexpected do to the fact of your health
and should have been the last thing on your mind
Much appreciated

Paul

(Message edited by paul_goodson on 27 August, 2005)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page