Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Epe 16ch project newbie

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2005-2006 » Archive through 18 June, 2006 » Epe 16ch project newbie « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ukrover
Just joined
Username: Ukrover

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, 12 June, 2006 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

always meant to get into a pic project. thought i'd start with the 16ch project from may/june 00 by A.J.Flind.i seem to have a problem assembling the .asm files. tried toolkit3 but result didn't work. mpasm ide doesn't seem to like the use of 'option' for the watchdog and other errors cropped up and i'm to to green to rewrite the code, can anyone help or does andy still support this project.
cheers
steve

John_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: John_becker

Post Number: 388

Posted on Monday, 12 June, 2006 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Steve, Andy would have written the code through TK3 so it must compile through it. But why do you want to, the hex file on site is all you need unless you wish to make mods.

J

Ukrover
Just joined

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, 12 June, 2006 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

hi john, tried the hex files and blasted a tx and rx pic, couldn't get them to work, might have something to do with not being able to find my tk3 programmer (built it tested it, what you don't use you lose) and using MPLAB and a usb programmer. really wanted to play with this project as a lot of asic's i used to use have now gone thanks to rohs etc.
cheers
steve

Ukrover
Just joined

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, 12 June, 2006 - 09:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

hi john, amendment to previous post, hex files weren't actually posted. created hex files from obj code in tk3. and then posted to mplab. is andy still around would like to obtain blown pics if avaiable.
steve

Arw
Board Administrator
Username: Arw

Post Number: 246

Posted on Monday, 12 June, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

We're sorry to say that Andy Flind passed away after an illness bravely fought. He is missed very much by his friends at EPE.

Alan Winstanley/ EPE

Obiwan
Frequent Contributor
Username: Obiwan

Post Number: 528

Posted on Tuesday, 13 June, 2006 - 02:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

You can get the project to compile in MPLAB IDE after a bit of work.

Genrally it will be things like subroutine case and number bases.

But when you compile, you get get a whole lot of errors, just look at them, and see if you can see any thing that relates several together, if you're just learning PIC code, you probably won't.

But as you work your way through the errors, fixing one, may very well fix many. As an example, the case for subroutines. If it's called with UPPER CASE, but the subroutine is in lowercase, , just convert the sub routine name to lower case, and you've fixed all of those errors.

(that one could also be done with a default setting to "ignore case". but then I woudln't be able to prove a point would I??)

It takes a bit of work, but it can be done. And you'll learn a lot in the progress.

I haven't looked at the project, but have done the same thing with a different one.
Do Not Hit The Fly That Lands On The Tigers Head.

Ukrover
Just joined

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, 13 June, 2006 - 08:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

very sorry to hear about andy, read nearly every edition of epe cover to cover, must have missed that, sorted out most of the errors, though still having watchdog errors, takes me back to when i first started learning z80 and 6502 assembler, though the grey matter seems to have become less retensive.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page