Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Problems with wind speed meter

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2005-2006 » Archive through 25 June, 2006 » Problems with wind speed meter « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve
Just joined
Username: Steve

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, 21 June, 2006 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi! I'm currently constructing a wind speed meter. There is reading displayed on the LCD but it is not the desired output as shown on the magazine's article(Jan 2003). Everything is working fine except the displayed value. My problems are:

1. Why the LCD still shows the value(not zero and not very small)?
2. Is it wrong to use PIC 16F628A but the PIC used by Mr John Becker is PIC16F628? Is it true that PIC 16F628A is an alternative of 16F628? I was told that the source code can also be used for 16F628A but I'm not sure whether it's correct to do so.

Here I have included an attachment of the LCD's display. My reading hovers at around 500 not 3400 in the Test mode.

Hope Mr John Becker will look into my problems and give me some advice. Thank you everyone who replies my post for your supportive opinions. Thanks again and your help is mostly appreciated.
LCD Display

Steve
Just joined

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, 22 June, 2006 - 07:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Anyone can help me please???

John_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: John_becker

Post Number: 416

Posted on Thursday, 22 June, 2006 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi Steve, no, I regret that I cant help with this problem. But I will say that the 628 and the 628A are not interchangeable and this copuld be the problem. Always use the PICs I specify & dont substitute unless you really know what you are doing.

John

Steve
Just joined

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, 22 June, 2006 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Thank you very much, John even though you are unable to help with my problem. I will try with 628. Thanks again!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page