Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Everyday Electronics [K]lightrider Pr...

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2005-2006 » Archive through 08 July, 2006 » Everyday Electronics [K]lightrider Project - OCT86 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: John_becker

Post Number: 468

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, 04 July, 2006 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

[item deleted by admin]

David, what part of DON'T do you not understand? Your repeated links to BAEC have become just plain tedious. Just one link was enough, and you've posted far more. Please do not post any more links to BAEC.

It is appreciated that you are trying to help, but please just join in the chat in a normal way.

As far as copyright is concerned, you must discuss with Editor Mike Kenward any matter to do with that. Any material publishd in EPE remains EPE's copright, which may not be infringed without legal action being taken against the infringer.

John

(Message edited by admin on 04 July, 2006)

Admin
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 62

Posted on Tuesday, 04 July, 2006 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I don't get it either, and have become quite exasperated.

David, your original post (now removed) appears to concern sharing the news with everyone that you built an EPE 'Light Rider' project from an article 20 years ago. That in itself is not a problem and would be acceptable as a message in the Chat Zone.

The correct thing to do would be to post a message saying that a suitable 'Light Rider' project appeared in [whenever] issue , and leave it at that. A pointer is all that's needed, definitely not scans of EPE drawings. Maybe a photo of your own project could go in as part of the message, I don't see anyone complaining about that either.

Then I am afraid you go and spoil it by posting yet more links to a Tripod web site and scanning copyrighted material that belongs to its Publishers (ourselves). Having discussed this with the Editor we regret that the images must be removed.

The construction of old EPE projects surfaces from time to time. It is a fact that all material is worldwide copyright and you do not have permission to republish any material, foils, circuits or diagrams. If someone wanted to share an old project circuit and sought permission from the Publishers to scan in our copyrighted material, this would not have been unreasonably refused, even though we earn nothing out of it. As indeed Maplin did the same, and quite understandably asked for a credit and links.

When you say it is of interest to 'your members' then this seems to be using the CZ forum to interconnect them in a way that belongs in a forum of your own. It is very poor netiquette to hijack the EPE chat zone to plug yet more links to your web site, and I cannot permit our message board to continue to be used in that way, I'm sorry.

-- ARW
--
EPE/ RB Webmaster

David_ledgard
Frequent Contributor
Username: David_ledgard

Post Number: 51

Posted on Tuesday, 04 July, 2006 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Sorry. I will contact the Admin personally before posting any new links to check they are OK. Only one of the images was from the Everyday Electronics Magazine. One was of the project I built and photographed myself. Persumably I am able to have copyright over my own construction work. The other of a computer simulation of a Knightrider display in no way related to EPE. I only used the site as a host as you said you couldn't host large photos on the EPE ChatZone. The lightrider section is not linked to or referenced in any way by the main site.

John_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: John_becker

Post Number: 470

Posted on Tuesday, 04 July, 2006 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

David, please make your own judgement about what will or will not be accepted, as others do, Alan does not have time to go vetting your stuff. He's given you enough guidance, as has our AUP on this site. Nor can any of the rest of us with EPE get into correspondence. Others too I learn have also given you guidance, both here on CZ and privately.

This is a Chat Zone not a promote-BAEC site. Your posts will be removed if you insist on contravening the protocol.

J

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page