Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Voltage and latch problems

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2005-2006 » Archive through 20 July, 2006 » Voltage and latch problems « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Escher
Just joined
Username: Escher

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, 19 July, 2006 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

yet more noobish questions from me, sorry.
I've almost completed a circuit I'm building but there are 2 components I'm still having trouble with.

The first is a voltage regulator, I'm using a 2x2 array of AA cells for power, giving 3v (or 2.4v if I use high capacity rechargables), but I need to take a line off this to power an mp3 player which runs from a 1.5v AAA cell. Do I need a 1.5v regulator for this? any reccomendations? or would a resistor work just as well?

Secondly, this is something I'm still playing around with but as I'm posting anyway I may as well ask, what do you think would be the easiest way to latch the circuit. I should probably give some background, the circuit has an input line connected by an optocoupler to where a pierzo alarm used to be on a pda. When the alarm wires go live, the circuit has to power up and stay powered until an onboard timer / counter combination has reached the end of its loop and sent a signal to the latch to cut power to the circuit. Is there some kind of 3v latching relay available? or would I be better off using something else?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page