Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

PIC In Circuit Debugger

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2005-2006 » Archive through 05 September, 2006 » PIC In Circuit Debugger « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Obiwan
Frequent Contributor
Username: Obiwan

Post Number: 663

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, 02 September, 2006 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

For all the nitPICker's here.....

SparkFun Electronics has a Tiny-ICDB-2 for about half the cost of the (sort of) same device from Microchip ($53)

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=6

It looks like a 25 pin to 9 pin RS232 adapter. But instead of the 9 pin on the back of it, there's a power connector for the device and a connector for a small ribbon cable that connects to your device under test.

If I didn't already have the ICD-2 from MC, I'd be purchasing this little fellow.

Very nice. Very Small. Very Cool.

If you haven't really checked out SparkFun, you need to spend some time in that website! I could easily go broke there!!

Check out the link to "Top Sellers". Sometimes, you don't really see all the goodies when you go right to a category. Top Sellers will take you to pages of the cool stuff that people are purchasing the most of.

They have lots of "cool" stuff, like chips, but the best thing, is they also make their own "breakout boards" for some of the really cool stuff.

Like a cell phone camera. You'd be hard pressed to actually use that camera, but with their breakout board, it's a snap. Same with their color display's etc.... (it's just the CCD camera module and connector, no cell phone, and it's new, not salvage, with data now I think, took 'em a while to get it too.)

Much easier to work on cool toys.
Do Not Hit The Fly That Lands On The Tigers Head.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hackinblack
Just joined
Username: Hackinblack

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, 03 September, 2006 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Has anyone got there hands on the new PICKit2 debug express yet? i only bought my PICKit2 a week ago,now this! dont it make you sick!Still at least i got 9 free IC's with it from farnell,who have (had?) a deal going,All DIL ics except one tiny weeny 10 series,Time to blow the dust off that 15 watt iron! The new debug express features a 40 odd pin 16Fxxx and is able to realtime debug,though microchip ,as usuall,havent posted the software,or the manuals, on the web yet.think it only does the one chip ,so far,but like everything from microchip,ther'll be more goodies shortly you bet...cant wait to see what they implement that unused button on the PICKit2,i notice from the schematic too ,it has two eeproms;wonder if they are going to do the same trick as the PICTail daughter board (for PICKit1,which has all but gone from the site..odd),interleaved high-speed sampling,COOL stuff.NO?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page