Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Replacement for SI 1050G 50W Thick Fi...

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2005-2006 » Archive through 08 July, 2005 » Replacement for SI 1050G 50W Thick Film IC Amplifier « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan_jones
Username: Alan_jones

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, 06 July, 2005 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I have acquired a copy of Practical Electronics from 1975 which includes a circuit (Electric Guitar Amplifier) using this IC power amplifier. Photographs in the article show a 10 pin SIL device (somewhat chunky by the look of it.) The rest of the circuit is no problem, just update the 748 and 741 Op Amps, but does anyone out there know of a pin-for-pin replacement of the SI 1050G? As far as I can tell this IC is on the discontinued device list (but if you know different and can point me to a UK supplier - thanks very much). It doesn't have to be a 50W device, something in the range 25-75W should be sufficient.

Gordon
Valued Member
Username: Gordon

Post Number: 12

Posted on Wednesday, 06 July, 2005 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi, I doubt you can get an electrical pin for pin replacement for that chip, but you might be able to use a modern device such as the LM3876T.

http://cache.national.com/ds/LM/LM3876.pdf

It doesn't seem to need many external components, and is available from Rapid Electronics.

Alan_jones

Post Number: 10

Posted on Thursday, 07 July, 2005 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Thanks Gordon, That looks promising. I've just realised that in the original construction the IC was simply mounted onto the chassis and hard wired to the PCB, not mounted on the PCB as I thought, so I could use any modern circuit, but the LM3876T does look promising.

Thanks again

Alan

Steerpike
Regular Contributor
Username: Steerpike

Post Number: 27

Posted on Thursday, 07 July, 2005 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

If you need it, I have the data sheet and application notes for the Sanken 1050 chip.
Basically they are just a power op-amp with a few special pins for decoupling & bootstrap caps, so any modern power amp IC will work fine. They need about 1 V rms to achieve full output, so are relativly insensitive.
(I built "my first amp" from a pair in 1976!)

Alan_jones
Valued Member

Post Number: 11

Posted on Thursday, 07 July, 2005 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Thank you for the offer Steerpike, I have seen the datasheet and I think that any modern chip can be used.}}}

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page