Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

PIC programing problem

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2010 - » Archive through 26 May, 2010 » PIC programing problem « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob9999
Regular Contributor
Username: bob9999

Post Number: 44

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, 08 May, 2010 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a reference to my post earlier. Again, I don't seem to be able to format the correct title.

If you would kindly look at "Problem with Dallas temp module" below I have attached the program for perousal.

The chips are PIC 16F886 and Maxim 18B20.
Regards,
RGR

mee
Valued Member
Username: mee

Post Number: 12

Posted on Friday, 14 May, 2010 - 09:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bob9999. I can't see any attachment.

I can't imagine that you've haven't already tried it but, in light of the almost unprecedented number of replies you've had, you'd probably be better off on Microchip's blog.

If you get really, really stuck, let me know. I might be able to pull a favour.

Good luck. Cheers, M

wizard
Frequent Contributor
Username: wizard

Post Number: 54

Posted on Saturday, 15 May, 2010 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob

Can you be a bit more explicit.

Where in the program do you mean. Is it in the LCDFRM routine or where. I will try and help.

Regards from me again

bob9999
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 49

Posted on Saturday, 15 May, 2010 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regards Wizard,
I'm trying to close this Msg in favour of "Problem with Dallas Temp Module".
Non-the-less, it's nice to hear from you again. With Ref to the main Msg, I've finalised the program. It now works fine. My Main mistake was in the Last line of START: I had MOVLW, that should have been MOVFW PICMSB! stupid, so easily missed!
The second error was a missed line ... I can't remember where, forgotten in the uphoria of success!
As you seem so PIC-orientated; does, say, BANKSEL PORTA stay active for that page until another page is required, needing another BANKSEL, no matter how many instructions are completed? Puzzles me that. I see so many programs with repeated similar BANKSEL's all over the place. Mebe it's re-locatable code? Looking forward to you answering yet another of my queries.

Hi MEE,
That sounds daft!!
The attachment is in the question I raised "Problem with Dallas Temp Module". I started this thread 'cos I hadn't received a reply.
I had to use the same method once before for the same reason. My problem is now in scanning 2 Msgs.
Mebe I shoud be more adept at catchy headings in future.
I do use the MPlabs site for more technical problems but I much prefer EPE. It's friendlier and the help doesn't fly over my head ... it's been there for nearly 70 years!
I do need to clear-up a problem with the 16f886 Data Sheet. Inconsistancies in the ADC section. I'll put that to MPlabs forum though.
Kind Regards,
RGR

mee
Valued Member

Post Number: 16

Posted on Saturday, 15 May, 2010 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bob. Sorry, I'll never post again. Yes, I probably am daft. Cheers, M

wizard
Frequent Contributor
Username: wizard

Post Number: 55

Posted on Sunday, 16 May, 2010 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I understand it, BANKSEL will remain with that BANK until another BANKSEL is activated no matter how many instructions are completed.

If it is a large program with many variables scattered over several BANKS then some programmers may use BANKSEL before variables to ensure thay are in the correct BANK without having to remember which variable is in which bank.

Regards

bob9999
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 50

Posted on Sunday, 16 May, 2010 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mee,
I appologise. I wasn't refering to the context of your message, I was refering to "Hi Mee" ... sounds faintly oriental.

Wizard,
Thanks again for your "Pearls". Now I can go further forward with confidence.

Kind Regards,
Bob

mee
Valued Member

Post Number: 17

Posted on Monday, 17 May, 2010 - 12:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a relief Bob9999. If anything can be read in the wrong way, you can guarantee that I'll get it wrong.

It's been bugging me all weekend. Thanks for explaining. Your apology's unnecessary. I apologise for missing the point, and for being such a sensitive creature. I was quite ready to take my toys away!

M+E+E happen to be my initials. By a strange coincidence though, perhaps, my three dogs are two different oriental breeds (Chinese in fact). I have a lot of respect for China. But the dogs are rubbish.

I'm also pleased that wizard seems to have sorted it for you.

Cheers, M

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page