Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Zener diode packs

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2010 - » Archive through 29 November, 2010 » Zener diode packs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

lutin
Regular Contributor
Username: lutin

Post Number: 25

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, 27 November, 2010 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone on here know where I can buy A "hobby" pack of zener diodes? What I mean is a pack of, say, 5 each of a range of voltages. Bit like the packs of caps and resistors that can be had easily enough.

Had a Google and fleabay search but haven't found anything yet.

chippie
Frequent Contributor
Username: chippie

Post Number: 302

Posted on Saturday, 27 November, 2010 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I searched and came up with

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/spiratronics/m.html?_nkw=zener+diodes&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

Ok they are in bulkier packs but for the price...What dayawant? :-)
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

joe
:::: Super User ::::
Username: joe

Post Number: 995

Posted on Saturday, 27 November, 2010 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Assuming your in the UK, then Rapid Electronics sell zenners at around 2p each with no minimum qty. You could just nip onto their page and order as many of each value as you like.

You could get 10 of each 500mw value; thats 25 different values (250 pieces) for around £4 + VAT.

The problem would be the postage - around £5 unless you order over around £30 worth of goodies in total, then the postage is free.

Are you in a hurry ?
Read my ramblings - www.techbites.com/joe-farr

azayles
Frequent Contributor
Username: azayles

Post Number: 122

Posted on Saturday, 27 November, 2010 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This site sells a couple of sizes of kits, plus the individual values.
http://www.bitsbox.co.uk/zeners.html
Keeping the Magic Smoke in since 1978

lutin
Regular Contributor
Username: lutin

Post Number: 26

Posted on Saturday, 27 November, 2010 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I'm not in the UK but the Republic of Ireland. Some firms really do take the mick (pun not intended) with postage charges - especially since postage to the North is generally the same as the rest of the UK, but for the South it can be horrendous even if we are on the same landmass. I can get stuff posted to a relative in the UK and then get them to post the stuff on - but it's not ideal.

Not in any great need for the zeners, it's just that I don't have a great range of them to hand - and never the right value anyway. ;-)

gordon
Frequent Contributor
Username: gordon

Post Number: 639

Posted on Saturday, 27 November, 2010 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bardwells are also worth a look.

http://www.bardwells.co.uk/detail.asp?stockid=Z003&ref=subcats%2Easp%3Ft%3D%26qfcode%3D%26catid%3DZEN002%26manuid%3D%26keywords%3D%26minprice%3D%26maxprice%3D

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page