Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Voice repeater using eprom

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2010 - » Archive through 08 November, 2011 » Voice repeater using eprom « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dselec
Frequent Contributor
Username: dselec

Post Number: 232

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, 21 October, 2011 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all experts and everyone else.
I need advice on a experiment i want to do.
Its using a simple a/d 8 bit converter (adding a addressing sequencer for eeprom addressing) then memorizing /saving it in to eeprom and then later outputting data thru d/a .

muskrat
Frequent Contributor
Username: muskrat

Post Number: 387

Posted on Friday, 21 October, 2011 - 02:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For an idea, check out www.romanblack.com and look at his sound encoding pages.

dselec
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 233

Posted on Friday, 21 October, 2011 - 11:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks muskrat
very good site but the problem is the hassele of pic programming i would like to avoid.
all that upload download pickit this and that needing to understand pic programming.
now they show me the hex file not so sure what i should do with that and how to copy it into the pic.
i dislike programming lets make it pure electronics.

muskrat
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 388

Posted on Saturday, 22 October, 2011 - 03:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I once thought the same until, with help from the CZ I started looking at the PIC range and learnt about them.
I have a huge amount of control gear on the farm. To have built it all using dicrete devices would have resulted in cumbersome, fault-prone instruments. Pics have resulted in small, versatile devices. If the functionality needs changing, or a better way of doing the task becomes evident, it's easy to change by re-programming a PIC.
A simple, low-cost programmer - I use the PICKit 2 - a handfulu of chips to play with and a whole new world opens up.
I would strongly recommend that you have a closer look at these chips, they are amazingly versatile and reliable and above all, fun!

dselec
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 235

Posted on Saturday, 22 October, 2011 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All true
but did u learn the programming yourself ?
and there are a lot of problems with the pickit (different models for diff. pic's)posted in this forum.

muskrat
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 389

Posted on Saturday, 22 October, 2011 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have learnt the basics of assembly programming for the simpler tasks I want to do. If I need something more complex, I search the web or ask for help, at least until my expertise improves. I am currently looking at MikroBasic.
PicKit 2 programmer is a great little tool and handles most of the PICs you would use. Initially I built my own programmer which was interesting and taught me a lot.
As far as the HUGE numbers of PICs available - I use 16F88, 16F628A, 16F648A, 16F876A and the 16F877A.
With the jobs I have to do on the farm, these are really all I need.

dselec
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 237

Posted on Saturday, 22 October, 2011 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-PIC-ICD2-Debugger-Programmer-PIC-dsPIC-Microcontrollers-In-circuit-/330629863108?pt=BI_Electrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item4cfb1 356c4
Hello muskrat and all.
can anybody tell me if this product is any good for programming the the picf876/04sp?

joe
:::: Super User ::::
Username: joe

Post Number: 1195

Posted on Saturday, 22 October, 2011 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you mean the PIC16F876 or PIC16F876A?

However, I would say it supports both.

According to the advert, it supports the 16F976A and devices that MPLAB supports.

MPLAB supports the ICD2 and both the 876 and 876A

Regards,
Joe

dselec
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 238

Posted on Saturday, 22 October, 2011 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

another excellent explanation u tube by ardinio
with pikit 2 not sure what is the diff. between this and the one in the previous post ?

dselec
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 241

Posted on Saturday, 22 October, 2011 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello joe
its the 16f876/04sp used for the talking voltmeter.
i would like to know if the picket programmer maybe contain similar parts just like the pic icd2.
i cant find which gadget is better and what is diff. or similar in both . ill try to get the agent of the debugger maybe he can tell me if and why his product better than pickit.

externet
Frequent Contributor
Username: externet

Post Number: 162

Posted on Tuesday, 25 October, 2011 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi. Try:

http://www.apogeekits.com/voice_recorder.htm

http://www.technologicalarts.com/myfiles/vrpm.html

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/echo-bot-10-second-digital-voice-recorder-and-motion-activated-automatic-playback-19995

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/stereo-mp3-digital-recorder-with-voice-activated-recording-1gb-12860

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/digital-voice-recorder-and-mp3-player-with-usb-port-256mb-70-hour-recording-12965

http://www.amazon.com/MP1202-Player-Digital-Recorder-BLACK/dp/B002C78Q3C
Abolish the deciBel !

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page