Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

APD switchmode PSU FP-5030B-60C

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2010 - » Archive through 24 May, 2012 » APD switchmode PSU FP-5030B-60C « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

nessy
Frequent Contributor
Username: nessy

Post Number: 70

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, 30 April, 2012 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All
I'm curently having a difference of opinion with a switching psu from Asian Power devices. It should produce 12v dc at up to 2.5 amps for my coffee machine,so you will appreciate that it's both personal and urgent!FP-5030B-60C is the refernce, I can't seem to find a diagram on the interweb. I've tried email to the company but they just bounce off the 'full mail box'

Symptoms are it very often refuses to start when powered up.I've check the obvious suspects, caps etc, so this now is really infuriating. The switching trannie looks to be operated from a small (I mean really small)IC, maybe pwm.
Any way the question is does anyone have a diagram by any chance please?
Thanks very much for reading this far.
Paul

cjaysharp
Frequent Contributor
Username: cjaysharp

Post Number: 258

Posted on Monday, 30 April, 2012 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No (specific) diagram but I'd look for a fairly high value resistor (47K upwards, maybe as high as 470k, might be two in series) feeding a small capacitor (usually 47uF 50 volt or thereabouts 10uF up to 100uF, ish) from the main reservoir capacitor on the primary of the circuit. This little circuit provides power to the PWM chip until the supply is up and it will self sustain. The capacitor is often buried near the heatsink/transformer and may even be covered in heatshrink.

If the resistor is open circuit and/or the capacitor has gone leaky or dry then you'll see the intermittent or no start symptom.

Change the capacitor, the resistor and for good measure I'd also look at the capacitors on the secondary and check for dry joints.

(Message edited by cjaysharp on 30 April, 2012)

cjaysharp
Frequent Contributor
Username: cjaysharp

Post Number: 259

Posted on Monday, 30 April, 2012 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In fact, this picture shows it nicely;

PWM Startup diagram

Rin and Cin are the components I refer to above, D1 provides power once the PSU is up and running. The only time you'll realise they've failed is after you switch it off and try to switch it back on.

nessy
Frequent Contributor
Username: nessy

Post Number: 71

Posted on Monday, 30 April, 2012 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...ahh sneaky, There's a couple of things in heat-shrink that I took to be inductors, I'll have a closer look.
Thank you Sir!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page