Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

A toast...

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2010 - » Archive through 08 September, 2012 » A toast... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

boris
Frequent Contributor
Username: boris

Post Number: 675

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, 25 August, 2012 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...to the best of us.

Neil Alden Armstrong. 1930-2012.

A real hero for all mankind. For ever.

(Message edited by boris on 25 August, 2012)
Thank you for not breeding.

vlf
Frequent Contributor
Username: vlf

Post Number: 356

Posted on Sunday, 26 August, 2012 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At the time of "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" anything was possible, but was it my youth and zest for technology design/integration, that seemed a wonderful advancement... now however, not much stirs me into ecstatic interest; so, did we follow an inevitable path to this future, or was it orchestrated by politics or the brilliant few !

Regards, Brian L.

boris
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 677

Posted on Sunday, 26 August, 2012 - 03:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coolest man that ever lived.

End of an era.

bruce
Frequent Contributor
Username: bruce

Post Number: 868

Posted on Sunday, 26 August, 2012 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you know that there is incontravertible evidence that it was all done in a studio in Hollywood? Apparently it's raining and there arent any rain clouds overhead, so that proves it.

I heard a story about Armstrong which may, or may not, be true. Roughly speaking, it goes like this: we all remember what he said when he landed, but not what he said on the way back. As he boarded the return bus, he looked up at earth and said "OK now, Mr. Kublick".
He refused to tell anyone, even NASA, what he meant until many years later when said Mr. Kublick had died.
As a kid he lived next door to an elderly, eccentric E. European couple. He'd accidentally kicked his ball into their back-yard and, rather than ask for it back, he bunked over the fence. As he sneaked back past the house he heard the woman scream at her husband "Sex! You'll get sex when that kid next door walks on the moon".

You heard it here first.
( or, for extreme pedants, you heard it on Wiki, which proves it isnt true )

bruce

quornhog
Frequent Contributor
Username: quornhog

Post Number: 56

Posted on Sunday, 26 August, 2012 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bruce, I didn't hear it here first; I've heard (or read) many variations of this story in many places. (Usually it's "Mr. Gorski" and it's "oral sex".)

Whilst I don't believe that the story is true, I can't help hoping that it is!

And with an attitude like that, you can appreciate why I don't use my real name on chat zones!
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes!"

boris
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 678

Posted on Monday, 27 August, 2012 - 05:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A bit of respect for Mr Armstrong Please.

May his legacy be brought to the stars, and beyond.

muskrat
:::: Super User ::::
Username: muskrat

Post Number: 427

Posted on Monday, 27 August, 2012 - 06:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was touched by the statement from his family:

"Honour his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink,"

I'll do that tonight.

boris
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 682

Posted on Wednesday, 29 August, 2012 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A spent SUN night in a beer garden with some friends. I wore a black armband and every drink (and there were plenty) was held up to the Moon first.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page