Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Old EPE amgazines

:: EPE Chat Zone ≠:: ≠Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2010 - » Archive through 18 March, 2013 » Old EPE amgazines « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

noel
Frequent Contributor
Username: noel

Post Number: 134

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, 15 February, 2013 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All,
Are old EPE (20 years min.) of any monetary value?

regards,
Noel.

mikehibbett
:::: Super User ::::
Username: mikehibbett

Post Number: 1481

Posted on Sunday, 17 February, 2013 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only to the people who wrote articles in them - I recently paid 5 quid for a copy of Practical Computing that had my first published article, back in 1983. I think the original cover cost was 70p...

I've bought a few more since then, mostly to read the adverts. We had a *lot* of computer manufacturers in the UK in the 80s!

Also bought a few old copies of Omni. what a great mag that was.

Mike

rich13
Frequent Contributor
Username: rich13

Post Number: 142

Posted on Sunday, 17 February, 2013 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Noel

Same as Mike, i paid about £6 at Ebay for a few magazines dating back to 1969 and early 70's, i just wanted to see what was on offer around that time, when i moved house many many moons ago, i left all my Everyday Electronics mags in the loft.
Pity as i had quite a few of them

If you have a few, try on Ebay, just looked and a few mag's each are asking £4.99.
__ Rich __

magman
Regular Contributor
Username: magman

Post Number: 35

Posted on Tuesday, 19 February, 2013 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definitely worth a punt on eBay, as this was how I filled out my collection over the last few years. I'm now only missing 4 issues for a complete collection.

You might be giving someone the same chance as myself, to fill out their collection

Issues from the 80's and 90's appear to be the hardest to find for some unknown reason.

Regards

Mike

noel
Frequent Contributor
Username: noel

Post Number: 135

Posted on Saturday, 23 February, 2013 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info guys. The mags belong to a colleague. I will pass the info on to him.

Thanks
Noel

rich13
Frequent Contributor
Username: rich13

Post Number: 143

Posted on Saturday, 23 February, 2013 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coincidentally, i had a bid for 4 magazines, i forgot i had the bid on them. Anyway won them, for £4.99, bargain to me.1996 issues
__ Rich __

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page