Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

LTSpice - chime's ding simulation

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2010 - » Archive through 31 January, 2015 » LTSpice - chime's ding simulation « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

atferrari
Frequent Contributor
Username: atferrari

Post Number: 1617

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, 21 January, 2015 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I intend to replicate the sound of a simple clock's chime. So far, using LTSpice, I managed to control attack and decay times.

Please check the sound in the attached .wav (delete .txt) file. I understand that kind of a thump is perceived at the start, which I find annoying and far fom nice.

The signal, taken at the output after several DC blocking caps looks as shown. Really.

My questions:

1) Do you agree on the initial anomaly? My hearing is definitely bad so I do not trust much on what I perceive.

2) If so, is it an artifact created by LTSpice when sampling the signal and passed into the .wav file?

3) Or is it that initial jump of around 300 mV pk-pk, the reason of it?

4) Or just my sound card?

Comments appreciated.

text/plain
chime08.wav.txt (70.6 k)

(Message edited by atferrari on 21 January, 2015)
Agustín Tomás - Buenos Aires - Argentina

bowden_p
Frequent Contributor
Username: bowden_p

Post Number: 429

Posted on Wednesday, 21 January, 2015 - 09:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Agustin,
Yes, that "spike" at the very beginning will sound as a click or thump as you describe. I would expect a good chime sound to have very little transients of that sort at the beginning.

The envelope should build up quickly, then decay slowly, both with an exponential shape. ( i.e. capacitor charge and discharge shape.)

With regards, Paul.

atferrari
Frequent Contributor
Username: atferrari

Post Number: 1618

Posted on Wednesday, 21 January, 2015 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hola Paul. Gracias for replying.

Exactly as you say. By adjusting the attack time that spike disapeared.

All this in the LTSpice realm for the moment. Hope jumping into HW soon.
Agustín Tomás - Buenos Aires - Argentina

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page