Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archives' names corrupted in one part...

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » Everything else! » Archive through 12 January, 2008 » Archives' names corrupted in one partition only Win Me « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

atferrari
Frequent Contributor
Username: atferrari

Post Number: 492

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, 09 January, 2008 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Win Me - 3 partitions - C:, D: and E:

The main file in D: and 8 files inside, showing names replaced by garbage.

Instead of renaming them (I think that I, the idiot, could have done that!) I asked Scandisk to check disk D:

It recognizes the 4G of used space, the xxx chains of data, blah blah blah, but, when trying to deal with them, the PC gets frozen. Restart required.

Adding injury to insult, all I can see there now is a "_Restore" archive 1 byte (yes, one!) long.

AVG says "no virus" and C: and E: are OK with all software (as usual, in C, running OK.

AVG sees not the missing files (kind of 15.000)

Could I do something?

Locally, and trying not to be obscene, this is the moment when we request a gun to shoot ourselves down there...

Why this to ME, oh Lord...

(Message edited by atferrari on 09 January, 2008)

(Message edited by atferrari on 09 January, 2008)
Agustín Tomás - Buenos Aires - Argentina

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page