Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Thomas Scarborough??

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » Everything else! » Archive through 25 January, 2008 » Thomas Scarborough?? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

john_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: john_becker

Post Number: 1711

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, 14 January, 2008 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have anyone heard from Thomas Scarborough recently? He's normally a frequent poster here, but he hasn't posted recently.

I had a snail-mail letter from him sent beginning of December, received beginning of Jan. I replied promptly to him, but have had no reply so am wondering about him.

J

atferrari
Frequent Contributor
Username: atferrari

Post Number: 498

Posted on Tuesday, 15 January, 2008 - 01:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My last contact (email) was from when his Springbooks beat our Pumas.
Agustín Tomás - Buenos Aires - Argentina

dave_squibb
Frequent Contributor
Username: dave_squibb

Post Number: 128

Posted on Tuesday, 15 January, 2008 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thomas last posted on here on December 19th.

john_becker

Post Number: 1715

Posted on Tuesday, 15 January, 2008 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps he's away somewhere again, as he does sometimes. Unlike him not to reply to emails sooner though.

Cant but help worrying a bit as the part of Cape Town he lives in can be violent, and he has suffered in the past from it.

J

thomas
Frequent Contributor
Username: thomas

Post Number: 228

Posted on Tuesday, 15 January, 2008 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks so much for the inquiry. I contracted rheumatic fever last year in June. Although, at first, it seemed that we “had it beat”, my health was devastated. In August I was admitted to Intensive Care with complications. I needed to abandon my postgraduate studies two or three months -- yet managed to catch up and stay on schedule! -- which put other stuff further back. The Church was going like a bomb, yet I barely had the strength to do the basics, and I was frequently booked off. My “For Attention” pile at the office rose to about sixty layers! My mail piled up (a worse scenario)! Towards the end of the year they succeeded (hopefully) in eradicating the microbe responsible for all this, and now I have been working some three hours a day to get my movement and stamina back -- which knocks everything else further back! However, I have seen a marked improvement to my health in the past month or so. You have been on my mind Agustin, because I was so pleased to hear from you, and I intend to write. And thank you, John, for your note -- to which I also intend to reply. I hope you’re not doing too badly yourself. Incidentally I’m hoping that a nice little project of mine will be published in THAT magazine, in which case it might migrate to EPE ... ?! With kind regards, Thomas.

john_becker

Post Number: 1716

Posted on Wednesday, 16 January, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas

I'm really pleased to hear from you again, but am so sorry to learn of the problem you're experiencing, it sounds miserable.

I regret if my post has put extra stress on you. Dont worry about emailing me privately. Take care and get back to full strength as soon as you can. Gill sends her regards to you as well.

All the best

J

mike_ed
Username: mike_ed

Post Number: 14

Posted on Thursday, 17 January, 2008 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas, very sorry to hear you have been unwell. Hope you continue to regain full fitness soon. Best regards Mike Ed.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page