Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

About Picronos L.E.D Wall Clock

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 13 April, 2007 » About Picronos L.E.D Wall Clock « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

hassan1980
Regular Contributor
Username: hassan1980

Post Number: 38

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, 11 March, 2007 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, there

I decideed to build the project of Picronos LED Wall Clock but I didn't find at my country this IC LMC6484.

Can you please give me some replacements instead of the above IC?

I am waiting your replies

Kind Regards

Hassan1980

john_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: john_becker

Post Number: 1208

Posted on Sunday, 11 March, 2007 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a rail-rail quad opamp Hassan, perfectly standard. No doubt made by many manufacturers but I regret I cant tell you any numbers. Can anyone?

(opamps such as the LM324 or the TL074 will not do as they are not rail-rail)

J

epithumia
Frequent Contributor
Username: epithumia

Post Number: 330

Posted on Sunday, 11 March, 2007 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems that was June 2003, for anyone wanting to look it up.

Unfortunately my copies of EPE don't go that far back, so I cant check the circuit.

Rob
If you need me, Neil and me will be hanging out with the Dream King. - Tori Amos

hassan1980
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 39

Posted on Sunday, 11 March, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am still waiting for enough answers

obiwan
Frequent Contributor
Username: obiwan

Post Number: 1581

Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2007 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's not get pushy about it, you'll get more answers that way. People do sleep from time to time.
Do Not Hit The Fly That Lands On The Tigers Head.

john_becker

Post Number: 1209

Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2007 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hassan, I've given you the basic info - time to do some of your own research done you think? We are not here at everyone's immediate beck and call! Who's catalogues have you looked at so far?
As I've said, only a rail to rail op amp will do.

J

dave_g
Frequent Contributor
Username: dave_g

Post Number: 242

Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2007 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hassan - use RS, Farnell, or possibly Futurlec, all of whom will post internationally.

Remember those looking in this site are UNPAID by EPE and our help is offered as part of our hobby. I'm sure you didn't mean to be rude (and nor do I) but you have to be self reliant to an extent, it's part of the joy of the hobby.

gordon
Frequent Contributor
Username: gordon

Post Number: 198

Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2007 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most electronic suppliers normally have a fair bit of information available online, to be able to find a possible equivalent IC. They normally list IC's in various categories.

Some IC's that might be suitable, if available, are the LMC6484 and TS914, which are also quad rail to rail op amps.

gordon
Frequent Contributor
Username: gordon

Post Number: 199

Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is getting late , I meant LMC6464.

hassan1980
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 40

Posted on Wednesday, 21 March, 2007 - 07:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. John Becker

Finally, I bought TLC274

My dear, I have PDF version for EPE magazine June 2003 then I saw that the resolution for the PCB diagram for Picronos L.E.D Wall Clock is too low.
How to solve this problem?
I am waiting your reply
Kind Regards
Hassan1980

john_becker

Post Number: 1240

Posted on Wednesday, 21 March, 2007 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please contact HQ Hassan, I have nothing to do with pdf copies.

J

hassan1980
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 41

Posted on Friday, 30 March, 2007 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DearFreind, John

Can you uplaod the PCB as EPS Format?

arw
Board Administrator
Username: arw

Post Number: 424

Posted on Friday, 30 March, 2007 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We don't do Postscript versions unfortunately -- they would be much too large a file size. PDF is a sub-set of Postscript and we think it is the best option for what we are trying to do.

-- ARW

obiwan
Frequent Contributor
Username: obiwan

Post Number: 1617

Posted on Saturday, 31 March, 2007 - 01:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hassan1980, I have the same problem. I get the pdf version of the magazine, and sometimes, the PCB layout is pretty rough.

It does work though. May not look the best, but it does work.

You can also get a free PCB package like the starter edition of ARES from LabCenter Electronics and basically copy the artwork into that program.

It's not copying, you have to do the board from scratch, but you have a guide to go by.

But, personally, I would LOVE to see better quality boards for projects. Like save a file and put it up there with software.

Of course they'll be larger, that's why I would not include them in the current magazine (pdf). But they won't be that much larger (in file size).

This way you're giving the end user the ability to chose whether or not they want to spend the time and energy downloading a bigger file or use the one in the magazine pdf.

But some of the ones I have seen, have really been pretty rough.

Not to mention, if you don't get the pdf version of the magazine, how to other users make the PCB's other than photo copying the page?

Anyway, I'd really, really like to see better quality PCB's available.

Just my 2 cents....
Do Not Hit The Fly That Lands On The Tigers Head.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page