Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

ZIF adaptor for 10F PICs

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 13 April, 2007 » ZIF adaptor for 10F PICs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

hackinblack
Frequent Contributor
Username: hackinblack

Post Number: 121

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, 05 April, 2007 - 09:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

found someone on ebay UK selling a nifty zif to DIL adaptor for the iddy biddy six pin PIC's.now THAT is useful!
Item number: 280097042056
he's also selling nice blue backlit LCD's at a good price with source code for a 16F84.
i am not connected with the seller,but who knows i may even get commision!,well you can dream...

obiwan
Frequent Contributor
Username: obiwan

Post Number: 1632

Posted on Thursday, 05 April, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm happy for you.

Were you just bragging that you found some nifty little tools?? Or did you mean to share some information??

I'd like to have one of those myself as I plan on playing with them.

If not, I think I can make one, not easy, but no choice really!

Cool chips too. 8 bit processor, 6 pins. incredible.
Do Not Hit The Fly That Lands On The Tigers Head.

hackinblack
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 126

Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2007 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

when i opened the sample packet after receiving the 10 series PIC's with a PICKit2,i dropped the pesky thing in the carpet,took me ages to find too! i thought about making up a LIF socket,but couldnt think of a way of RELIABLY holding the thing on the contacts, i planned to shave the top off a multi-way connector (the plasic'ribbon' sockets,used in scanners/printers)they where the only ones with the right pitch.all the commercial ZIF sockets are too big,and at over £70 a go too expensive for me.i got a secondhand promate production programmer off ebay,but cant afford the sockets for that,as theyre even dearer (like £100+!)so if it isnt 40 pin or 28 pinSM i cant 'production' program it.luckily this covers most of the chips which ARE quite cheap!

glen_williams
Just joined
Username: glen_williams

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2007 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yoy can get a socket for this PIC from Rapid Electronics

glen_williams
Username: glen_williams

Post Number: 6

Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2007 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can get a socket for this PIC from Rapid Electronics

obiwan
Frequent Contributor
Username: obiwan

Post Number: 1634

Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2007 - 07:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought about making one using those "pogo" pins they use in automated testing.

It'd take a bit of work, but....
Do Not Hit The Fly That Lands On The Tigers Head.

eagre
Frequent Contributor
Username: eagre

Post Number: 131

Posted on Saturday, 07 April, 2007 - 03:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"clamshell" programming adapters have long been available for 10F PICs. The problem is that they are expensive, and simple applications like "littlebits" have vanished.

My earlier posts give links to providers of these sockets.

Ed

hackinblack
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 138

Posted on Tuesday, 10 April, 2007 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's arrived though the pinout on the bottom is odd,NOT DIL as i had hoped; but very fine 'TRI-PAD'so it will be awkward to mount on a board,unless i just drill clearance holes for the leads,and glue it down.the contacts are springy 'fingers' not pins,unfortunately it will be a while before i get to mess about with it as i am moving house soon...then it's a case of making up a double tri-pad to 'DIL legs'board THEN it will go in the PICStart socket! ADAPTAPHOBIA strikes again!

hackinblack
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 139

Posted on Tuesday, 10 April, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's arrived though the pinout on the bottom is odd,NOT DIL as i had hoped; but very fine 'TRI-PAD'so it will be awkward to mount on a board,unless i just drill clearance holes for the leads,and glue it down.the contacts are springy 'fingers' not pins,unfortunately it will be a while before i get to mess about with it as i am moving house soon...then it's a case of making up a double tri-pad to 'DIL legs'board THEN it will go in the PICStart socket! ADAPTAPHOBIA strikes again!

not_a_number
Regular Contributor
Username: not_a_number

Post Number: 36

Posted on Wednesday, 11 April, 2007 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello hackinblack,

Am I missing the point or couldn't you have just bought one of these to plug straight into your PICSTART Plus?

http://www.microchipdirect.com/productsearch.aspx?Keywords=AC163020

Regards,

NaN

hackinblack
Frequent Contributor

Post Number: 140

Posted on Friday, 13 April, 2007 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

correct i will now go and stand in the corner of the class facing the wall in shame...last time i looked at M'chips adaptors they where outrageously dear,this one is obviously the exception.that'll teach me to take my eye off the ball...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page