Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

First engage brain...

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 16 May, 2007 » First engage brain... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

zeitghost
Frequent Contributor
Username: zeitghost

Post Number: 734

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, 08 May, 2007 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found some really ancient pcb stock: best before 1984... of a kind I've never previously encountered... it was in a black plastic bag & was ruby red on one side...

Thinks I "must be the etch resist" & puts board in UV unit with the red side next to the tracing paper mask.

8 mins later, extract pcb & dump in the developer... & lo! nothing happens at all... until the edge of the ruby stuff starts lifting... oh dear, the red stuff is the protective film.

Remove film (with difficulty) and expose again... sadly enough uv has penetrated the red film already to ruin the resist... ho hum or words to that effect.

Just as well the newer pcb stuff (best before 1986) worked ok then. :o)

obiwan
Frequent Contributor
Username: obiwan

Post Number: 1707

Posted on Tuesday, 08 May, 2007 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops..... I'm surprised there was nothing on the bag indicating anything.
Do Not Hit The Fly That Lands On The Tigers Head.

zeitghost
Frequent Contributor
Username: zeitghost

Post Number: 739

Posted on Wednesday, 09 May, 2007 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was: "best before July 1984"... :o)

epithumia
Frequent Contributor
Username: epithumia

Post Number: 408

Posted on Wednesday, 09 May, 2007 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was: "best before July 1984"... :o)

I've had that of PCBs delivered fresh from Farnell...

Rob
If you need me, Neil and me will be hanging out with the Dream King. - Tori Amos

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page