Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MOVING LED DISPLAY

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 31 July, 2007 » MOVING LED DISPLAY « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

peter
Username: peter

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, 25 July, 2007 - 09:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am still struggling with the Giant LED Message Display.
I have built two boards both work well in Moving Message Mode.
The problem I am having is in the ANIMATE and STATIC Mode.

The error is always the same run-time-error 8002 invalid port number.

I have downloaded the Interface for PIC’S this will not run on both my Windows XP machines.

I have changed the History file to meet my Directory Settings this would appear to be ok as the Moving mode works ok..

I have also read all the information on the Message Board, But it still will not work..

Perhaps I should be satisfied that the Project works well in the Moving Mode, But I would love to get the whole thing working.

I am running Windows XP Pro on both machines.

Many thanks Peter

john_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: john_becker

Post Number: 1506

Posted on Thursday, 26 July, 2007 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter, I designed that cct. But I've never heard of Error 8002. What does it say it is? Use XP's Help File if you can to find out.

J

boris
Frequent Contributor
Username: boris

Post Number: 235

Posted on Thursday, 26 July, 2007 - 02:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Couple of Google hits for “Error 8002”

http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=158188

http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-277247.html

http://www.blazt.biz/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57&sid=def4c515e9da3425d33fed483a46fc1d

http://www.gamehourz.com/Vecram-USB-Adaptor-ftopict69445.html
"What's red and invisible?"
"No tomatoes"

john_becker

Post Number: 1507

Posted on Thursday, 26 July, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Boris, but I dont want to research it - just want Peter to tell me directly.

J

dave_g
Frequent Contributor
Username: dave_g

Post Number: 297

Posted on Thursday, 26 July, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe that is the error code for an invalid COM port number. I've had it a few times when playing around with the Microchip virtual COM port from Visual Basic.

peter

Post Number: 7

Posted on Friday, 27 July, 2007 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thanks every one for the advice.

I have renamed MSCOMM32.OCX to mscomm32.old and ran the Programme again.

An error message appeared (Failed to load EPEserial from EPEserialIO.OCX Your version may be out off date Etc Etc.

Is it true to say that the only reason the Programme to be part working was due to the MSCOMM32 belonging to Autocad being in the System32 Folder.

At this point I am LOST.

Thanks again Peter

dave_g
Frequent Contributor
Username: dave_g

Post Number: 298

Posted on Friday, 27 July, 2007 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter - MSCOMM32.OCX is not required to load EPEserialIO.OCX. As I discovered recently, the EPE... file is a replacement for MS...

It's function is to allow access from Visual Basic, or similar, to serial communications.

The commands used for each of these is broadly similar but still different (I believe the originator of EPE...OCX, Joe Farr, is a professional developer who based his OCX on MSCOMM... legitimately).

I would suggest you reinstall EPESerialIO.OCX (believe downloadable on its own) and try it again. Leave MSCOMM32 where it is for the moment. With any luck that will solve your problem.

peter

Post Number: 8

Posted on Monday, 30 July, 2007 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks evryone for your help in getting my project working.
I did as Dave d surgested and reinstalled SerialIO this did the trick.

Thanks again PETER

john_becker

Post Number: 1512

Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2007 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter, glad you've got it working :-)

J

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page