Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

V2Scope problems

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 14 October, 2007 » V2Scope problems « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

pgamble
Just joined
Username: pgamble

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys

I've built both PCBs and following a couple of issues resolved with John and Joes help I have sorted out the 3 voltage lines.

My problem is that when powered up, I run the v2scope software and regardless of the baud rate I try to send to the PIC, I get the response 'Baud not found'. I have gone through the Baud reset process and I have tried pre-setting all the different baud rates in device manager (Windows XP SP2) prior to setting the same baud rate in V2Scope tools ... but I always get the same response. The COM port is the only one on the Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe motherboard I have and I there is nothing to suggest it is not working properly ... but I don't have any other serial devices anymore.

Sadly, having just got a new laptop, this is now the only one of four PCs at home that has an RS232 capability and I don't have a USB - Serial adaptor.

I'm using the straight through serial cable that came with my MikroElectronika EasyPIC4 devt kit and I can confirm the pinouts on SK4 are all soldered correctly.

I feel so near but so far. Has anyone got any suggestions I can use to find out why the PC and the PIC don't appear to be handshaking ?

Any help would be much appreciated. I can be contacted on paul_gamble@symantec.com.

Best regards

Paul.

armadillo
Frequent Contributor
Username: armadillo

Post Number: 170

Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 09:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know nothing of the equipment that you're using but - just a thought - you said that you're using a straight through cable. I would have thought that you want a cable with a 'twist' i.e. the Rx at one end connects to the Tx at the other etc.

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you meant but just my 2p

Armadillo

(Message edited by Armadillo on 27 September, 2007)
There's no such thing as gravity..........
The earth sucks!

pgamble
Just joined
Username: pgamble

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Armadillo ...

yes ... my first thought was it might need a null modem cable ... which is normally needed for 'peer to peer' but John specified a standard non Null ... and I guess the V2Scope hardware is really a slave to the PC so it makes sense.

Very frustrating though :-(

Any other ideas guys ?

Paul.

john_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: john_becker

Post Number: 1584

Posted on Friday, 28 September, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul -

Please would you send me privately the following files as they now stand and without alteration -

Magnetometersettings.txt
MagnetometerHistory.txt

BTW, I use a cable such as is used normally with modems

J

john_becker
:::: Super User ::::
Username: john_becker

Post Number: 1585

Posted on Friday, 28 September, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I did not mean Magnetometer, I meant your VScope equivalents

J

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page