Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Datalogger

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 22 September, 2008 » Datalogger « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

zardof
Regular Contributor
Username: zardof

Post Number: 33

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, 18 September, 2008 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjsamut had posted that he wanted program details for this old project. I have checked and John has not made his details available so I can not contact him. John, if you read this can you alter your profile so I can see your e-mail address or if you are feeling brave, post it here.
Cheers
Gary

mikehibbett
Frequent Contributor
Username: mikehibbett

Post Number: 821

Posted on Thursday, 18 September, 2008 - 09:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I have his email address. I'll drop him an email to look here.

Mike.

jjsammut
Username: jjsammut

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, 18 September, 2008 - 09:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Mike! Hi Gary. I think now you should be able to see my email address. If not, kindly let me know and i will write it here.

zardof
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 34

Posted on Friday, 19 September, 2008 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike Thanks.
John - Still no e-mail address.
Try this instead. Go to drop.io/datalogger787
The password is EPE123.
I have included an .exe file incase you don't have it with your version of XP.
I would use version 2 of the software as version 1 can lock itself up with no escape except a hard reset. The download was a bit tempremental, IIRC
You can view the information stored by the logger by using hyperterminal. IIRC 2xzeros are sent to mark the start of the data.
That's all the files for the project. I later altered the PIC code to put more zeros in to try and improve the download - but that program is not included as it was no great success.
If you have any more questions...fire away. Let me know how you get on.
Sorry about the delay in getting this stuff to you. Work always seems to get in the way.
Cheers
Gary

zardof
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 35

Posted on Friday, 19 September, 2008 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops

Try this http://drop.io/datalogger787

Cheers
Gary

jjsammut
Username: jjsammut

Post Number: 7

Posted on Friday, 19 September, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Gary, strange why you cant see my email address! When I click on my user name in this post I get a pop window showing my details including email address.

I have downloaded 18 files in total. I will let you know when I find some time to build it.

Thanks again
Cheers
John

mikehibbett
Frequent Contributor
Username: mikehibbett

Post Number: 823

Posted on Friday, 19 September, 2008 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can see your email address too, once I've clicked on your username in the post.

Mike

zardof
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 37

Posted on Friday, 19 September, 2008 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If there is a wrong way to do it....
I was looking in the members list. I can now see your e-mail address if I click on the user name.
If I have large files to transfer I like using drop.io A simple and effective site.
Anyhow, you have the files now.
After you build the logger I suggest attaching a wallwart via some 9v battery connectors as the battery did not last long enough for my purpose (24hr monitoring of my central heating)
Cheers
Gary

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page