Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

What to do with 1000,000 leds

:: EPE Chat Zone ≠:: ≠Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 10 April, 2009 » What to do with 1000,000 leds « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

mikehibbett
Frequent Contributor
Username: mikehibbett

Post Number: 937

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, 26 March, 2009 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

you just can't make this stuff up

mikeb
Frequent Contributor
Username: mikeb

Post Number: 98

Posted on Thursday, 26 March, 2009 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you must either have a blown soldering iron element or you have 6 good numbers in the Lottery ... hehe ..... ?

boris
Frequent Contributor
Username: boris

Post Number: 398

Posted on Friday, 27 March, 2009 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Note. This is an advert. And the apparent effect is faked anyway using post processing. Simple enough if you have a decent budget.
Thank you for not breeding.

epithumia
Frequent Contributor
Username: epithumia

Post Number: 636

Posted on Friday, 27 March, 2009 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a video about it on the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7961889.stm

Unfortunately, I can't watch it on this computer. I'll check it out later.

Epi
If you need me, Neil and me will be hanging out with the Dream King. - Tori Amos

epithumia
Frequent Contributor
Username: epithumia

Post Number: 637

Posted on Friday, 27 March, 2009 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Simple enough if you have a decent budget.

I won't comment on the amount of trickery involved (or not involved), but I would think this could be faked WITHOUT a decent budget! It's not sophisticated CGI.

--

This, on the other hand, is good CGI. 1 day to shoot, 2 years in post production.

"A strange man builds a world using holographic tools for the woman he loves."

http://vimeo.com/3365942

Epi
If you need me, Neil and me will be hanging out with the Dream King. - Tori Amos

bruce
Frequent Contributor
Username: bruce

Post Number: 81

Posted on Saturday, 28 March, 2009 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I missing something?
I've seen the video and also the clips of reporters interviewing the farmers involved. I assumed it was real. Are you saying it was a spoof ? If it IS a spoof, then I got taken in.
Only one thing was suspicious: the sheep were wearing 'nets' of LEDs; so what was the power supply? I assume it was big, so where and how did the sheep carry it?

Bruce

boris
Frequent Contributor
Username: boris

Post Number: 399

Posted on Saturday, 28 March, 2009 - 02:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look. Donít quote me, but I have had a certain success at spotting these things (and creating my own fake photographs). I can provide nothing in the way of direct evidence except what I (and you) can see. I have had this same argument with friends in the past. I know it because I see it. If you canít then fine.

The closeup shots of sheep wearing nets of lights look real, but then again, thatís not hard to do. No need to fake. And Iím sure there was lotís of herding involved.

The long shots, apparently showing Ďanimationí on the side of a hill ARE fake. The mona lisa sequence is also fake. This is just obvious to me, and I suspect, obvious to anyone else experienced with computer image manipulation.

Itís not hard to cut out a picture of a sheep and move it by hand across a larger picture of a hillside. What IS hard is making it look real. And in this case, they have not been particularly effective.

EG:

At what point do you realise this is fake? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HUmrDa5PPE (Advert alert)

I spotted it 16 seconds in.
Thank you for not breeding.

paul_goodson
Frequent Contributor
Username: paul_goodson

Post Number: 965

Posted on Sunday, 29 March, 2009 - 09:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The lights look a bit sheepisy to me

or are they just trying to pull the wool over are eyes
The bluntest pencil is better than the sharpest memory!!!!!!!

philwarn
Frequent Contributor
Username: philwarn

Post Number: 217

Posted on Sunday, 29 March, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Presumably the effect is created with plenty of RAM memory?

Plenty of gamboling too.

Ram raiders?

Baa, humbug

Phil
Orpington, Kent,UK

philwarn
Frequent Contributor
Username: philwarn

Post Number: 218

Posted on Sunday, 29 March, 2009 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I promise no more sheep jokes, but.....

Lambs LED to slaughter?

Where's the mint sauce?

Red currant jelly?

They hid the banks of solar power cells very well.

Phil
Feeling sheepish now in Orpington

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page