Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Toolkit TK3?

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 09 July, 2009 » Toolkit TK3? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

hazeleb
Regular Contributor
Username: hazeleb

Post Number: 24

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, 29 June, 2009 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, A question on toolkit tk3 I would like to program the 16f886 or 18f2520 28pin pics at the moment they are not supported but if the relevant information is entered into the pic device type folder will it work. Any help appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ted.

joe
:::: Super User ::::
Username: joe

Post Number: 575

Posted on Monday, 29 June, 2009 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ted,

Can't comment on the 16F886 but I doubt very much that you will get an 18F2520 to work as they need different algorithms and control signals to program.
I tried and failed to program 18F2550's.

Some of the newer PIC's need less than the 12v programming voltage that the TK3 puts out as well. All these PIC's have gotten very complex to keep up with and program.

I would have said that it's time for a TK4 and new software, but I'm guessing with the hundreds of dirt cheap programmers on the market these days, it's probably not worth anybodies time to re-do everything.

Joe
Do one thing each day that scares you – work here !

hazeleb
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 25

Posted on Monday, 29 June, 2009 - 07:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the quick response as I have the TK3 I though it worth asking the question will have to updated and get my self a new programmer thanks again.

Regards Ted.

mark
Frequent Contributor
Username: mark

Post Number: 96

Posted on Monday, 06 July, 2009 - 02:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have a look at 'ICprog' it is freely available and the toolkit 3 board can be adapted to work with it. This allows a huge range of chips to be handled.

hazeleb
Regular Contributor

Post Number: 27

Posted on Monday, 06 July, 2009 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Mark I will give it a try.

Regards.

Ted.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page