Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Single pole on/off switch for vero board

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 11 October, 2009 » Single pole on/off switch for vero board « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

gew
Just joined
Username: gew

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, 24 August, 2009 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

anyone know good types & sources, i require two
switches, one to switch on/off a 9v battery & second to switch a 5v Reg cct on vero board

joe
:::: Super User ::::
Username: joe

Post Number: 631

Posted on Tuesday, 25 August, 2009 - 07:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gew,

do you want to mount the switches actually on the Vero board ?

Most toggle switches have the pins at the wrong pitch, and usually too big for the Vero board holes, which is very annoying sometimes, making direct mounting tricky. Even the PCB mount toggle switches I sometimes use are at the wrong pitch for Vero board. Most toggle switches are really designed for panel mounting.

I used to solder Vero Pins to the board, and then the toggle switch to the pins. You could also make the board holes slightly larger but it sometimes looks a little scrappy depending on the switch.

You may do better with slide switches. A couple of the smaller ones look like they could be "persuaded" to fit.

For a fairly reasonable selection of switches, try Rapid Electronics if your in the UK.
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Switches/Toggle-Switches

Beware that you will get stung for around £5 postage if your order is under a certain limit (I think it's £30).

If its just a couple of switches your looking for, you might do better with ESR (www.esr.co.uk), again in the UK. From memory, their postage was better for smaller orders, tho their parts may be more expensive.

Joe
Do one thing each day that scares you – work here !

gew
Just joined

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, 25 August, 2009 - 07:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joe

Many Thanks for the info.

glen

magnum4
Frequent Contributor
Username: magnum4

Post Number: 716

Posted on Monday, 14 September, 2009 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you get sorted?
Regards,
Jim

gew
Just joined

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, 15 September, 2009 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim

Well sort off!
After seeing how other poeple connect 9v battery
& 5v Regulator to a breadboard, i not need the
switches. thanks for the help.
I am working on a cct. to run though all the
numbers & letters using pc1602 LCD Display using logic chips only.

magnum4
Frequent Contributor
Username: magnum4

Post Number: 727

Posted on Tuesday, 15 September, 2009 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Problem Glen.

Epe have a great intro to lcd`s, somewhere in the downloads section.Its called how to use intelligent lcd`s, as far as i remember, Really well worth having.

HTH
Regards,
Jim

gew

Post Number: 6

Posted on Tuesday, 15 September, 2009 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim

Thats what got me going.
i will let you know, how i get on.

Regards

Glen

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page