Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

SUDEP

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 05 November, 2009 » SUDEP « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

green
Frequent Contributor
Username: green

Post Number: 104

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, 29 October, 2009 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recently developed an interest in SUDEP (Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy Patients) and ECG measurements seemed a possibly useful tool in investigating the onset of seizure and it's parameters. Some sources suggest that death can occur when the subject has seizures in their sleep, which ought to be electronically detectable in order to wake the subject, in order to minimise risk. It has also been suggested that changes in dose rates of anti-convulsion drugs can also trigger SUDEP events, and I am again wondering if this is detectable and objective measurement applied. Also interested in the application of objective measurement for Trigeminal Neuralgia.

I would like to contact anyone interested in this subject ?.

gizo
Regular Contributor
Username: gizo

Post Number: 29

Posted on Friday, 30 October, 2009 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a very good article in this journal which has just come out with the latest findings on this subject:

Source: Baylor College of Medicine: Science Translational Medicine: October 2009

Let me know if you need a link to a precis of it.

green
Frequent Contributor
Username: green

Post Number: 105

Posted on Friday, 30 October, 2009 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you very much, I have found references and small extracts from the article, but would very much appreciate a link to the actual paper.

Thanks again ....

green

gizo
Regular Contributor
Username: gizo

Post Number: 30

Posted on Saturday, 31 October, 2009 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I only have a link to the extract I saw which may be only what you have found:

http://www.virtualmedicalcentre.com/news.asp?artid=14310

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page