Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Teach-In 2008 hardware

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » EPE Forum Archives 2007-2009 » Archive through 03 December, 2009 » Teach-In 2008 hardware « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

quornhog
Regular Contributor
Username: quornhog

Post Number: 28

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, 25 November, 2009 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Magenta does not appear to produce a PIC system for use with Teach-In 2008. Does anybody know if any of the PIC kits they do supply would be suitable?

Not that I'm adverse to DIY electronics, but it might be useful to know of suitable alternatives to the design published in the Teach-In booklet.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes!"

supermaxx
Just joined
Username: supermaxx

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, 29 November, 2009 - 03:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I,ve just finished building the master control board using the PCB 647 available from EPE PCB service.

http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/acatalog/November_2007.html

No real dramas except that the tutorial fails, (dismally in my opinion), to mention that it has no support for the 16f628A.

Caused me a few headaches as of course as a beginner I initially believed my construction to be the problem.

No problems though once I tried the correct 16f628.

I'm just taking my first tenative steps with PICs, lighting up LEDs etc.

All the best
Neil

(Message edited by supermaxx on 29 November, 2009)

quornhog
Regular Contributor
Username: quornhog

Post Number: 29

Posted on Sunday, 29 November, 2009 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neil

Thanks for the info. I intend to start the course in late-March of next year, as I want to spend the first 11 weeks of 2010 studying "Teach-In 2006". Hopefully you will have finished by then!

I'm a bit surprised that Magenta don't have a dedicated kit for this course, 'cos they have an excellent record - dating back to the mid-1970's - of supporting EE & EPE projects. I must say I was a bit narked when they withdrew their "Teach-In 2000" kit just after I'd bought the CD-ROM. To be fair, though, it was about 8 years after the series had been published!
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes!"

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page