Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

U1 case for remote controlled pre-amp...

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » Shop Talk » U1 case for remote controlled pre-amp project « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

pgamble
Regular Contributor
Username: pgamble

Post Number: 27

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, 11 July, 2008 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi guys

I'm trying to find a supplier than has a u1 style case that would be suitable for the recent pre-amp project. The case needs the U1 dimensions, preferably with cooling vents and the ability to put a metal partition inside but not with the rack mount front etc. It should ideally be steel.

thanks in advance.

Paul.

vlf
Frequent Contributor
Username: vlf

Post Number: 180

Posted on Wednesday, 23 July, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi pgamble, your problem will be that 1U cases are industry 19" inch wide, with side mounting lugs... these come in one front panel 1U high x 19".

Your only way around this problem is to cut the side mounts off ?, see RS URL below: and search with 1U cases:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/

Regards Brian.

pgamble
Regular Contributor
Username: pgamble

Post Number: 28

Posted on Wednesday, 23 July, 2008 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

hi .. thanks for that. I nearly purchased a Hammond case from Farnell (or direct .. they are in Basingstoke). They are stunning quality and have removable side mounts for the rack. It is in powerpaint black. They are about £100 and would look good by my Audiolab amp.
I have held off and got a £30 black Maplin one which still looks good and is solid. If build goes well, I may get the Hammond and transfer.
Cheers

Paul.

P.S. for those building, you need at least 260mm depth (u1 doesn't define this). The Maplin is 300 and Hammond come in 3 depths.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page