Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Cardboard Clock EPE November 2003

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board :: » Computer & Electronics Bygones » Cardboard Clock EPE November 2003 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

zebedee2001
Just joined
Username: zebedee2001

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, 05 November, 2009 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

Found my unfinished clock in the loft today. Decided I now want to finish it. I started it back in 2003 but women, beer etc got in the way. I am now married, have my own house & it is time to finish the clock!

I have found the magazine with the plans but seem to remember there was an errata a month or two later but can't find the magazine or ripped out page. Anybody got any ideas.

Would also like to know whether anybody built this & if they still have it working!

(Message edited by zebedee2001 on 05 November, 2009)

interak
Valued Member
Username: interak

Post Number: 16

Posted on Friday, 06 November, 2009 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi zebedee
Yes there is a entry in the 2003 index, under Please Take Note.
It says...Cardboard Clock (Nov.03) Page 882.
I may have that mag. but I did not build the clock.

Alan

terrym
Frequent Contributor
Username: terrym

Post Number: 687

Posted on Thursday, 07 January, 2010 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With apologies if posting this inappropriate.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE In the December 2003 issue, we said, Use normal thin card for the clock wheels as thick (art supplies) card may be too heavy and stop it. Use a rectangular file to make the grooves that support the wheels axles. Depth is correct when a screw laid in the groove is half buried. Point "D" is the 15mm horizontal section of suspension hook W2. Cement end B of the pendulum post (A1) to the backboard. For the pendulum rod start with a 1 metre length of 24 s.w.g. wire, and draw (stretch) it slightly, to straighten it. Before bending it, mark the bend points with a pencil. The letter p shows on which side to position the pliers, when making bends Q and R. When readjusting the coil table rely on the rubber band, and not on the bolt through hole E

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page